Monday, April 21, 2014
Quince Project Information Sessions
When: May 19, May 21, May 26 & May 28 at 5:30pm
Where: 10935 Ben Crenshaw #207
The information session will provide an overview of the Quince Project as well as the requirements. The quince projects promotes cultural identity, confidence and leadership among local teens girls. Young women are invited to participate in this free program which will culminate with a group quince party celebration. Girls will learn about their heritage and the cultural significance of a quinceañera as they work in small teams to develop leadership and event planning skills to organize a group quince.
1) Attend attend an interview on June 6 at 5:30pm and an orientation session June 7 from 10am-1pm at 10935 Ben Crenshaw
2) Attend two leadership workshops per month June through August every other Saturday
3) Help with event planning for the group quince in August
4) Assist with fundraising efforts for their quince celebration
5) Complete community service projects
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 915.219.8554.